Transportation Economic Trends (TET), developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), highlights transportation's role in the economy and explores changes (trends) over time through a series of interactive charts. TET also explains related concepts and data sources for a general audience.
BTS introduces this new digital version of TET. In these new pages, BTS continues to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2016. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content. The introduction of the digital content is on-going, with topics being released over the 2020 calendar year. For topics not yet released, data from the previous release are available.
BTS strives to continually improve TET. If you have a suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- Transportation as an Economic Indicator
- Contribution of Transportation to the Economy
- Government Transportation Revenues and Expenditures
- Revenue Allocated for Transportation Trends, State and Local Governments by Mode
- Sales Price of Transportation Fuel to End-Users, Excluding Taxes, 1990 to 2016
- Sources of Economic Growth (annual average growth rate) 2003-2014
- State Expenditures Allocated to Transportation
- State Share of National Transportation Employment, 2015
- State Share of National Transportation Industry Employment by Mode, 2015
- Total National Household Expenditures (Major Categories), 2016
- Total National Household Transportation Expenditures, 2016
- Total Revenue Allocated for Transportation