National Transportation Statistics presents statistics on the U.S. transportation system, including its physical components, safety record, economic performance, the human and natural environment, and national security. This is a large online document comprising more than 260 data tables plus data source and accuracy statements, glossary and a list of acronyms and initialisms.
This Internet edition of the National Transportation Statistics is updated quarterly.
- Automobile Profile
- Average Age of Automobiles and Trucks in Operation in the United States
- Average Cost of Owning and Operating an Automobile
- Average Freight Revenue per Ton-Mile
- Average Fuel Efficiency of U.S. Light Duty Vehicles
- Average Length of Haul, Domestic Freight and Passenger Modes (Metric)
- Average Length of Haul, Domestic Freight and Passenger Modes (Miles)
- Average Passenger Fares (chained 2009 dollars)
- Average Passenger Fares (current dollars)