Freight Facts and Figures, developed by the Bureau of Transportation Statistics, is a collection of charts and statistical tables about freight transportation in the United States. These interactive visualizations and tables provide a snapshot of freight movement; the extent, condition, and performance of the freight transportation system; the economic implications of freight movement; and the safety, energy, and environmental impacts of freight transportation.
We introduce this new digital version of Freight Facts and Figures. In these stories, we continue to release the statistics contained in the annual publication that has been produced since 2004. The new format features interactive charts and tables, open and accessible data, and regular updates to the content.
BTS strives to continually improve Freight Facts and Figures. If you have an suggestion on how to make this product better, find an issue, or have a question, please contact us at Ask A Librarian. We welcome your feedback.
- Gross Domestic Product Attributed to Transportation by Mode
- Hazardous Materials Shipments by Hazard Class
- Hazardous Materials Shipments by Transportation Mode
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Incidents and Property Damage
- Highway Tunnels with Limiting Characteristics for Freight Transportation
- Injuries by Freight Transportation Mode
- Labor Productivity in Select Transportation Industries
- Lock Characteristics and Delays on Rivers with 10,000 or More Lockages
- Major Truck Routes on the National Highway System: 2015